Okay, so I've given up and resorted to posting these updates sometime in between Friday and Sunday… so there, now I can't be held accountable for laziness… unless this update starts coming in on Mondays or Tuesdays…
Anyway, let's get started.
Yakezie Challenge Update
Last time, May 28th, Go Be Rich was ranked at 649,465. This week, it's at 474,155. That's a drop of 175,310. Things are starting to slow down, and the competition is getting fierce. I thinking I'm nearing the end of the "honeymoon" phase of my blog, that phase where everything seems like amazing progress simply because your blog is so new and has no past to be compared to. It probably hasn't helped that I've been a little more removed from my blog than usual this week, but don't worry, Go Be Rich isn't going anywhere, I'm still truckin' along, fightin' the good fight, stickin' it to the man, standing up for the little guy, etc, etc, etc.
Go Be Rich's Posts of The Week
Read them. They're good. I mean, I wrote them, come on… also, 4 out of 7 of my posts have exclamation marks in the title… apparently I was excited this past week.
Posts From Around the Blogosphere
1. Check out Money Talks Coaching's Post on Taxpayer Fraud. You're pretty much required to click on this link, as this involves a grown man in a diaper. He sleeps in a crib. Yup, uses a bottle too.
2. Financially Consumed writes about the deep, dark underbelly of Keeping Financial Secrets From the Spouse. Gritty. Edgy. Dangerous. See for yourself.
3. Money in the 20s tackles the issue of Juggling Multiple Job Offers. Good problem to have in this economy.
4. Money is The Root get sacrilegious on our butts this week with a post about Why you Should Quit Paying Down Your Debt. Way to challenge the status quo, you rebel you.
5. Money Spruce discusses ways to spruce up your living space (haha, a pun), By Getting Rid of Clutter. Oddly enough, there's a Smoky The Bear reference at the end.
6. Shannyn posts about her new life in Chicago, the challenges along the way, and how She'll. Never. Settle (read it, you'll understand). Inspirational actually. The Katy Perry reference is…entertaining, but then again the blog itself does have the word "beautiful" in it…
7. Enemy of Debt says doing it conservatively, responsibly, and realistically will bring you success. Concerning retirement. Planning for retirement, that is. No, no, not– ah, whatever, just go read it.
8. Len Penzo writes about Good Personal Finance Practices Gone Wild (my title). Hope he doesn't mind me comparing his post to Girls Gone Wild.
9. Over at Moolanomy, you can find 5 tips for Quitting Your Job on Good Terms. Filling your boss's desk and briefcase to the brim with aerosol cheese is NOT one of the tips.
And there it is. Until Next Time.