Here I am, back at home after an almost 2-week long business trip and a day-and-a-half at the lake (yes, I'm writing this post right now with a slight hangover… I do have some other hobbies besides Go Be Rich).
I had a good time, but boy oh boy am I glad to be home again, and more than eager to get back to work on Go Be Rich. So to delay the instant gratification that is GBR no longer, below you'll find a Yakezie Challenge update, some of the recent Go Be Rich articles you may have missed, and links to some of the best personal finance stuff out there.
By the way, considering it's Memorial Day weekend, I just want to give a shout-out to all those men and women in our military that work and fight everyday and sacrifice much of what they love in order to protect this great American Country. Without you all, I wouldn't have the freedom to create an amazing, award-winning, incredibly successful blog (okay, future-award-winning blog).
Yakezie Challenge update
It's getting closer and closer, that far-off goal of Go Be Rich ranking at or below 200,000 in this crazy messed-up blogosphere. Kinda like that star that you're pretty sure you saw out of the corner of your eye but when you look directly at it, it disappears… yes, I just compared my blog to a celestial object… that's how awesome this blog is.
1,198,313 is where we were at as of the 20th of May, last Friday. Today I'm proud to say that Go Be Rich is ranked at 649,465 as of Saturday, May 28th. That's a drop of 548,848! Thank you to everyone who stopped by, commented, shared, talked about, tweeted, "liked", or did anything else that had and/or has anything to do with Go Be Rich! Without you readers there would be no blog!
Go Be Rich's Posts of the Week
Not as many as usual for the past week or so, due to my trip. Oh, and for those who actually pay attention to what I write and when I say I'm going to posts certain stuff (like, all 2 of you out there), I didn't forget about the whole Prosperity Plan postings, I just didn't have time to write any more. The follow-up article to Prosperity Plan #4: I'm Going on a Trip, and week 5's concept will be up as soon as possible.
1. Peaks and Valleys: a Review, which is what it sounds like, a review of the book Peaks and Valleys written by Spencer Johnson, M.D.
2. Founding Principle #3: Virtuous and Moral Leaders (and their salaries). Ever wanted to simply give yourself a raise? These guys can, and do so more often than not.
3. A World Without Money. Terrifying, I know… In fact, after writing this post I went to bed, had feverish nightmares, and abruptly awoke in a cold sweat… okay, not really.
Posts From Around the Blogosphere
- Ashley over at Money Talks Coaching shares with us her $12,000 Costco bill. Also, Ashley was chosen as #1 Editor pick in the Carnival of Personal Finance held over at My Personal Finance Journey. Congrats Ashley!
- Jeffrey asks his readers what they think are the best Online Personal Finance Tools over at Money Spruce. Also, you still have time left to get his free E-Book, "Money After College".
- Hunter from Financially Consumed has a post concerning two of the world's largest driving forces, SEX and MONEY. Okay, so it's a post about the different approaches to investing between the sexes… got your attention though right?
- Moving on to Money in the 20s, Dave has a post about the benefits and disadvantages of Health Savings Accounts. Pretty informative post, as I didn't really know a lot about these things, just that they had something to do with not paying taxes. Also, be sure to check out his $25 PayPal giveaway. All you have to do is pick one single stock, and if it out-performs the stocks chosen by the other participants, you win!
- Justin from Money is the Root also has an awesome $25 giveaway going on now. This one's a gift card from Amazon, which means it's good for just about anything. You can also read about why he Bewares Those who Bear Gifts. There's also a little talk about the world ending thrown in for good measure.
- Frugal Beautiful has a post about how to Whiten your Teeth for $20 or Less. Yup, there's a reference to Suze Orman's ridiculously blinding-white teeth here to chuckle over.
- In case you need some sugar to rot out those pearly-whites, JT McGee writes about how to buy 56 ounces of Hershey's chocolate for $24 shipped, using this fact as a way to tie in a study done about how waiters and waitresses get more tips when they give out chocolates, which in turn may prevent his pet peeve from from emerging: food service people who complain about their pay.
- David over at Money Under 30 writes about a reader's issue with not being able to bring himself to spend money. Complete with hand-drawn pictures (the best kind, right?).
That's about it for this week. So go chew on a few of these links, keep checking back with Go Be Rich for even more awesome content, and stay in school kids.